As required by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001, Title I Part A, information is available at your child’s school including, but not limited, to the following:
1. The School Improvement Plan
2. Qualifications of your child’s teacher:
- Whether the North Carolina Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the North Carolina Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether any instructional assistants or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
3. Professional development opportunities for teachers and instructional assistants to ensure highly qualified personnel.
4. Opportunities for parent involvement and input
5. The Wayne County Public Schools’ Improvement Plan
6. The Wayne County Public Schools’ Title I Parent Involvement Plan and School Parent Involvement Plan
7. Wayne County Public Schools’ Report Card
8. School Report Card
Please contact Mrs. Hooks at 736-5040 for additional information.