Tommy’s Road Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
Tommy’s Road Elementary School adheres to the philosophy that parental involvement is essential in the total teaching and learning process of children. The Title 1 budgeting information and the federal requirement for parental involvement will be shared at the first PTA meeting in September. Student Accountability Agreements will be sent home at the beginning of the year to assure all families equal participation.
Tommy’s Road Elementary School provides the following parental involvement activities:
- Parent Resource Center, located in Room 305, equipped with materials (books, kits, games, etc.) that parents may check out to use with their child.
- Parent Workshops and Seminars offered throughout the year
- Curriculum night events for each grade level to explain our policies, curriculum, and classroom expectations
- Classroom and School Volunteer Program
- Take Home Computer Program for selected Title One students
- Tommy’s Road Elementary Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Tommy’s Road Elementary Parent Advisory Council ( PAC)
- Wayne County Schools Advisory Council
- Inclusion of Selected Parents on School Improvement Teams and Committees
- Tommy’s Road Elementary School Report Card sent home annually
- Home/school communications through school website, student handbook, newsletters, progress reports, etc.
- McTeacher’s Night / Chick-Fil-A Night